Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design
n cook n cook is offline

Default Opinions on adding fuses to power amp

Ron(UK) wrote in message
N Cook wrote:
Ron(UK) wrote in message
N Cook wrote:

These beefed-up traces are far too regular to be done by hand, also

precise
45 degree X+Y plot lines so some sort of plotter type delivery system
following the traces/etch artwork co-ordinates. But its not just the

solder
lines but the amount of solder delivered that is so uniform.

Ah you're talking abput the hatched (scotched) type thing, I`m sure
that`s solder paste screen printed on during manufacture of the pcb.

Ron(UK)

None of that on this one but I know what you mean. But some extrusion of
solder paste process via a vinyl sign cutter type plotter mechanism in place
of the cutter would be more likely than molten solder. Then fused onto the
board before populating with components but would that take solder bath
soldering of the components afterwards ?
The "beefing" is not applied after the main component soldering operation.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England