Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Gordon Dave Gordon is offline

Default Cutting 8x8 PT Railroad Ties

Hire a chain saw and appropriate protective equipment including the kevlar quilted trousers (V.
important). The cut will be OK for rustic garden use.
If you are making fine furniture, you need some different wood.

"MiamiCuse" wrote in message ...
I have six pieces of pressure treated 8"x8" railroad ties (8' long) that I need to cut into short,
8"-10" long sections. What is the best way to go about it? I can't use my compound miter saw with
such a large cross section, and I am not sure I can get a clean cut with a circular saw (not with my
skill level). Any suggestions?

Thanks,

MC