Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Gordon Dave Gordon is offline

Default Square drive wood screws stick to the bit?

You're wife must be feeling old age creep on... ;-)

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in message
oups.com...
I always roll off when I'm done screwing.

On Jul 13, 11:11 pm, "Mike Dobony" wrote:
"John Doe" wrote in message

. ..

I'm not whining, I'm asking if anyone else has the same problem or if
there is an easy solution.

I got some square drive screws today. I noticed they stick to the
screw driver and thought that was cool since it would be like a
magnetic tip screwdriver with a much stronger grip. Then I drove some
into a 2 x 4 and had trouble removing the drill from the screw head.

Well, I guess the obvious solution is to file the screw head. Any
other suggestions/clues/hints would be appreciated.

I don't don't do much fastening, so it's no big deal in any case.
Thank you.

Roll the tip off the screw instead of just pulling it off straight.- Hide quoted text -