Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Black and Decker Battery

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jul 15, 12:53 pm, "GB" wrote:
I have quite a nice 9.6v drill/driver that looks like it's headed for
landfill as the battery won't hold charge any more. Cost of a new battery
is
way more than the cost of a replacement drill. Do these just use standard
rechargeable batteries, in series? Easy to replace?

Often the best bet is to look for a tool which uses the same
batteries, and buy one that comes with 3 of them. You then have 2
tools and 3 batteries - you can either keep them, or ebay the spare
tool with one battery, leaving you with a functional drill at usually
fairly low cost.

I think I'll try that. Although this is a nice tool, well balanced etc, I
don't recall paying all that much more than 20 or 30 Pounds for it new, and
that was 10 years ago. This sort of thing has come down in price since then.