Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Silverline tools

Scabbydug wrote:

Where I work we sell Silverline tools, hand as well as power. Absolute crap
they are but it's what lots of people want.
Fortunately the more discerning customers go for the better quality tools
but if we don't cater for the bottom end of the market we get the 'we can
get that cheaper elsewhere' brigade.
I'm curious to know others opinion of Silverline.

Never tried the power tools. I have a few of the hand tools. Cheap recip
saw blades for green wood are ok. I have a twin spur tank cutter, that
was bent from new and feels crap, but it did the one job it was bought
for. I do have a hacksaw that is actually reasonably decent, solid
construction, easy to adjust and lugs for both straight and 45 degree
blade positions.

So in summary, 90% crap, with the occasional bit that is either OK, or
cheap enough to be disposable and reasonable value.

--
Cheers,

John.