Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Burns Andy Burns is offline

Default Silverline tools

On 15/07/2007 09:51, Arthur2 wrote:

I've bought a few silverline hand tools. I buy them if I see something for
a quid.

When replacing a flat roof the membrane supplier offered a roller with
extension handle for a few quid, within about 30 seconds of starting to
use it the extension handle buckled, and a few minutes later the normal
handle broke too, leaving me to finish applying the adhesive holding a
metal spike, quality!

The only other silverline tool I own is a sliding bevel, which looks as
nasty as it was cheap (£2), it's orange plastic with a stamped steel
blade, but compared to ~£20 for a rather nicer wood/brass one for a
one-off job it did the job adequately.