BigWallop

Default Laying Concrete Flooring

"John" wrote in message
I have just bought a house and a part of it has an earth floor. I
have plans to change it in to a garage or possibly a liveable area. I
am keen to learn a bit of DIY and my first job would be to lay a solid
floor where the earth currently is. I have never done any work with
concrete before and would be grateful of any advice on the best way of
doing things. How deep would I have to dig? What are the best ways to
waterproof the floor? The walls are damp and someone has suggested
laying a ventilated floor, does anyone have any advice about this?

Have a read through this site:

http://www.pavingexpert.com/formwk01.htm

The links at the bottom of the page go through the different types of
concrete and things.