Posted to alt.home.repair
dean dean is offline

Default Can you extend a PVC clean-out port?

On Jul 15, 1:45 am, Eric9822 wrote:
On Jul 14, 10:33 pm, dean wrote:

On Jul 15, 12:33 am, DerbyDad03 wrote:

On Jul 15, 12:17 am, dean wrote:

Can you remove a PVC clean-out plug (screw-in type), and extend the
tube further? I mean, is there a screw-in female adapter that can be
permanently sealed into this kind of clean-out access port?

Naturally I would add another clean-out farther along, but I need a
few more inches of main pipe to add an additional inlet.

Thanks!

DeanB

Is one of these what you are looking for? I'm not sure if a borg
would carry it, but I'll bet any plumbing supply house would.

http://www.horizononline.com/product.../436040http://...

Yes, that's perfect. Thanks! Do you know if you're supposed to teflon-
tape that or PVC-cement it?- Hide quoted text -

Usually the threads are not glued, pipe dope or tape is used. BTW
drains are usuall ABS not PVC. The cement is different.- Hide quoted text -

Its a gray-water system.

But ABS is not sold any more is it, at least at the big stores. (The
black plastic pipe, that is). Its all PVC now, as far as I can see.