Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Wasps are coming through into the house from attic

On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 00:26:37 GMT, "Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC"
wrote:

It seems that there are no "screens in the
attic, so that it is easy for any insect to come in through the roof on all sides of the attic. I
guess this is for venting. Is there suppose to be screens on the part of the house that touches the
roof to the house walls, to prevent such insects, animals, etc.

My house has screening on all the soffitt vents. (I"m not sure what
it has in the ridge vent. It's too curved for me to tell from the
inside)

When I first went into the attic, I found two sets of eyes looking at
me from the pink insulation. It was two moderately sized birds that
had gotten under the layer of fiberglass and were poking their faces
out. They were pretty dry and I through them away. (I no longer
remember if I heard them flying around inside before I went up there
or not. I had so many other things to do.)

I went looking for how they got in and found a pretty small place
where the wood at the end of the house was damaged and the screeing
was no longer attached to the wood. I don't know if they managed to
fly to this place and go in in one motion, or if they attacked the
wood themselves while hanging upside down and then squeezed in. They
didn't seem like the hang-upside down type. I wasn't sure that my
nails would even stick. I though the wood left would crumbe, but it's
been 24 years and nothing I know of has gotten in since then.