Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design
msg msg is offline

Default Opinions on adding fuses to power amp

Phil Allison wrote:

"msg"
Phil Allison

snip

Those power amps that DO use +/-DC rail fuses, almost invariably have
them fitted in line with the output devices but NOT in line with low
power, voltage amplification circuitry.

Indeed that was implicit in my response; the rails in question are the
power amp rails, _not_ low-power rails.

** No - you have got it WRONG again !!!

Huh? I was agreeing with you and pointing out that my previous post
was based on that assumption...

snip

YOU have NO clue whatever about power amplifier circuitry.

I will withdraw from this discussion at this point; I have designed
my share of power amps, mostly involving large computer peripherals
and have experience with big servo amps and shaker tables as well.

Regards,

Michael