Posted to uk.d-i-y
Arthur2 Arthur2 is offline

Default Silverline tools

"Scabbydug" wrote in message
Where I work we sell Silverline tools, hand as well as power. Absolute
crap they are but it's what lots of people want.
Fortunately the more discerning customers go for the better quality tools
but if we don't cater for the bottom end of the market we get the 'we can
get that cheaper elsewhere' brigade.
I'm curious to know others opinion of Silverline.

I've bought a few silverline hand tools. I buy them if I see something for
a quid.
And for a quid or 2 they are good value.
The only other alternative at this end of the market is Blackspur and I put
these
in the pub football league when I bought some flat bits.... had
to run the drill in reverse to make it cut.

Arthur