Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Solenoid Valve for Water Main

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"dpb" wrote in message ...
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"dpb" wrote in message
I'd be far more inclined to simply put a quarter-turn isolation valve
in a convenient place and be done w/ it.
A plumber would call that a "ball valve"

Well, _I'm_ not a plumber and "isolation" referred to purpose, not type...

I was referring to the "quarter turn" not isolation. ....

Well, I probably shouldn't have reacted back, but I specifically used
the "quarter-turn" as I figured that had a better chance of registering
w/ OP as to what it would be like in practice, and "quarter-turn ball
isolation" valve seemed awfully wordy.

I suppose to satisfy I should have shown a picture and catalog item
number as well...

Ah well, it _is_ usenet, and I _did_ choose to participate...