Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default Bible & Qur'an Say : DO NOT EAT PORK

Wed, Jul 11, 2007, 10:11pm (EDT-3) (charlieb)
doth sayeth:
Odd that an omnipotent god would choose to communicate with only one or
two humans and instruct them to "pass it along" snip
Even when the message is short and to the point "Thou Shall Not Kill",
snip
Would be a better world if there was just god snip

You ever hear a preacher up there saying, "God told me to tell
you..."? Then you go down to the next church and hear that preacher
saying the same thing. One of a numbr of reasons organized religion is
not for me. The Woodworking Gods are about as dis-organized as I am.
Suits me.

Actually, apparently that was either translated wrong, or smeone
just arbitrarily changed it. Started uut as, "Thou shal not murder"
Same with, "Thou shal not suffer a witch to live". Should be, "Thou
shall not suffer a murder to live" ust shows it IS important to say
exactly what is meant...

There IS only one God. If you don't believe me, just ask the
Woodworking Gods.

JOAT
I do things I don't know how to do, so that I might learn how to do
them.
- Picasso