Posted to rec.woodworking
henry henry is offline

Default Ooohhh....shiny. Is the Festool Domino right for me?

First let me say I do plan to purchase a dominio but dont think you
should. As charlieb pointed out theres too many items too purchase
before a Dominio. When you are ready to purchase a dominio dont forget
a vac. The dominio will not work correctly without a vac. I could use
my noisy shop vac but instead will purchase a festool CT22 vac. I do
have a central DC system but that wont cut it.You have to decide if
you want the Norm approach and have everything under power, or mix in
card scrapers, hand cut dovetails,, block plane etc. with the power
equip. A drill press wont make a mortise at the end of a long board so
you have to learn to make a tenon with TS,Router, hand cut , etc.The
festool stuff wont come down in price I agree, but the competitor
products, Multi-router,FMT etc allready are coming down in price I
suspect because of the dominio . Learn to make a tenon with more than
one way and make a morise with drill press, router, hand. A complete
woodworker knows different methods and does not rely on one.