Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Southerwood Tim Southerwood is offline

Default Sodastream - minor success

Bob Eager coughed up some electrons that declared:

On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 19:39:17 UTC, "Dan delaMare-Lyon"
wrote:

"OG" wrote in message
After several months of less than satisfactory 'fizz' from our Gemini
drinks maker and a few attempts at fixing it, I've finally worked out
what was wrong. The central spike that injects CO2 into the water had
come a little loose. Not enough to notice, but enough to let gas escape
and preventing it from getting enough pressure to dissolve in the
water. Tightened it up and it now fizzes and farts properly.

It's worth documenting!

Ahhhh the sodastream was a fantastic toy. I never tired of putting the
concentrate into the bottle before fizzing, then handing it to a relative
"fizz". Oh how I laughed every time when fizzy sticky crap came firing
out of all possible exists on the sodastream container....

We got one of the very first Sodastreams free, because my dad worked for
Kenwood. Quite a novelty down our way!

Anyone remember the much earlier Sparklets syphons?

Yes - weren't they the ornament of every classy (and would be) household in
the 60's?