Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Solenoid Valve for Water Main

"dpb" wrote in message ...
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"dpb" wrote in message
I'd be far more inclined to simply put a quarter-turn isolation valve
in a convenient place and be done w/ it.

A plumber would call that a "ball valve"

Well, _I'm_ not a plumber and "isolation" referred to purpose, not type...

I was referring to the "quarter turn" not isolation. When you go to a
plumbing supply house, it is always good to know what to ask for. Posters
here often refer to the disdain they receive at pro supply houses for
electrical and plumbing stuff. The guy behind the counter does not have the
time to decipher what Joe Homoaner needs. Knowing what you want can save
you money also.