Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia Jeff Wisnia is offline

Default Air in water line? (Kitchen only)

Norminn wrote:

I have noticed in the past week or two that when I turn on kitchen
faucets - hot or cold - there is a little "whoosh" like air escaping. It
doesn't sputter or make noise in the pipes, so I am mystified. Very
nervous about work upstairs neighbor is doing since he put nails through
our wiring ) The faucet does leak a tad, and have had trouble finding
the part we need, but I don't know why a leak would be the source of the
noise.

If it's a single spout faucet with an aerator at its end, remove the
aerator and clean its screens.

An easy to do first step. If that doesn't quiet down the noise check
back with the group.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia