Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default Opinions on adding fuses to power amp

Meat Plow wrote:

Anyway, I think fusing the rails is feasible.

It's good practice IMHO.

Unfortunately it's unlike to *prevent* further 'burn ups' although it might help
mitigate them slightly.

To actually prevent burn-ups you need to design for that and the small Chinese
companies I've come across who offer cheap OEM products don't have that level of
design skill. With bipolar output amplifiers you'll normally need to use a number
of fusible resistors (or else rate the output devices more conservatively - which
cheap designs never do of course).

Graham