Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] pheeh.zero@gmail.com is offline

Default Fan motor runs backwards

On Jul 14, 8:17 am, Red wrote:
On Jul 13, 4:57 pm, Bobo wrote:

What's up with a third horse whole house fan motor that has begun to
occasionally run backwards. This started happening about the same time
the switch went bad. I put in an identical switch and didn't mess with
the motor wiring. It's AC, 120.
Thanks

Which brings up a question I've always wondered about: why do most
microwave oven turntables randomly reverse direction at turn-on?

Red

This is from memory...so bare-in-mind. A shaded-pole motor uses a
small induction current with very slight torque. These can start in
the opposite direction in small factors (size or sise for the english-
types 8^p)