Posted to sci.electronics.repair
AJ AJ is offline

Default TrippLite Inverter PV-550 need schematic or value of fuse resistence

Highly suggest trying to determine what else has failed in the invertor, the
fuse resistor devices normally do not fail by themselves. Determine if those
devices are readily available and are exact replacments, then put your
ammeter in series with the circuit, determine the current draw while
measuring the applied voltage. Simple calculation should give you the
required resistance and wattage of the fuse resistor needed. I do not think
TrippLite will furnish even a basic parts list let alone the schematic.
"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
DaveM wrote:

I, sir, am NOT a newbie. I interpreted the OP's description as a FUSE,
which he
stated it to be. Fuse was the first noun that he used in his description
of the
part, which I took to be what he was trying to identify.

Ok, you're not a newbie. Then you should have explained what a fuse
resistor was, and why you did't think that was what he was talking
about.

FYI, I've been in the electronics repair, calibration and engineering
world for
about 50 years. Guess that disqualifies me as a newbie.

Michael, I used to like to read your posts, because they were always on
topic,
and well written. However, lately, you have become very abusive in your
posts,
making usually unwarranted flaming remarks and antagonizing those who are
here
asking and replying to questions.

I know you don't give a damn about how I feel about you, but good friends
are
hard to come by in most of these news groups. You obviously aren't
trying to
make new friends, and it seems that you are quickly alienating those that
you
had. I understand that you're disabled, but that doesn't give you the
right to
blast everybody that might have a different view than your own.

Goodbye, Michael.

That's your choice, as always.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.