Posted to sci.electronics.repair
HapticZ HapticZ is offline

Default Surge protectors?

copper cage your home, generate ur own power, no surges!

go all solar, go all wind, get some treadmills and put the kids/you to work

if you must protect from power company "events" as they call them, then get
uself an "event" monitoring system/meter/recorder.

then when your appliances/other get toasted, deliver the power company a
hefty bill for their replacement/repair along with a recording of the
"event" on paper

get a neighborhood group together to get a regional event monitor, then
everyone can submit bills on a regular basis.

if you need pure reliable energy, ask the electric utility company to
provide u with special xmission lines right to your own house as special
treatment

or even better, dont use power (be 'green') :-D

"Jay1028" wrote in message
I have moved to a location (Florida) where surges are a concern. I
have been looking at two candidates for surge protection at the point
of use (outlet).
The two candiidates a

Power Sentry 100344 -- which says it will disconnect the load if
surge is sensed to be more than 2ms

Panamax M4T-EX which is MOV based from a highly rated company.

I have a whole house MOV based protector by LEA at the load center and
want to do more. Maybe more is better? I don't know.

Anyone used a system that they know works? There is so much info out
there that you don't which is an good.

I'm not sure if this is the correct group for this question either.

Thanks,
Jay