Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Square drive wood screws stick to the bit?

"John Doe" wrote in message
. ..

I'm not whining, I'm asking if anyone else has the same problem or if
there is an easy solution.

I got some square drive screws today. I noticed they stick to the
screw driver and thought that was cool since it would be like a
magnetic tip screwdriver with a much stronger grip. Then I drove some
into a 2 x 4 and had trouble removing the drill from the screw head.

Well, I guess the obvious solution is to file the screw head. Any
other suggestions/clues/hints would be appreciated.

I don't don't do much fastening, so it's no big deal in any case.
Thank you.

Just wiggle the drill back and forth and the bit will come out of the screw.
Better to have the screw stick than to fall off. This is great for starting
screws in hard to reach places.