Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Should I use the 110v or 120v selection for my laserdisc

On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 16:52:34 -0700, wrote:

That's "kind of" what I was thinking but I can't see why they would
actually let you choose (between 110 and 120) unless is there a
country that uses 110v as house voltage? As I said it just seems odd
to say the least. But for the record - 120v setting works fine.
Thanks!

I always called it 120v because as you mentioned if you put a volt
meter in an outlet you get about 118v or 119v but my grandfather from
"the olden days" always referred to it as 110v as many people did back
then so it seems.

I call it 110. I don't think it's ever changed, though.

Someone gave a more detailed history here once.