Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Badly need some AC advice

On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 13:46:34 -0600, "Bob"
wrote:

I realized after I sent this, that I didn't mention the unit size.
It is four ton.

Also, we have had another bid on a Trane unit. This service man
said the 16 inch duct was quite sufficient. Other than that, about
the same equipment except this is an R22 Freon while the first bid
was on a unit with 410A Freon. The second bidder said they have had
a lot of problems with the 410A units due to the higher pressure.

So, I'm a little more confused than I was. I have another company
coming out this afternoon. I'll keep you posted.
Thanks again, Bob-tx

I hope you greated the other contractors with your original set of
questions, Please fix my AC, instead of going straight to What will it
cost to replace it.

If you don't ask the first question, you'll never get the benefit of
their knowledge, and yuou'll never find out how much it is to fix it.

P&M