Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jay1028 Jay1028 is offline

Default Surge protectors?

I am specifically talking about surges generated out on the power
lines on the poles propogating into my home. I realize that nothing
can stop a direct lighning hit. I have three ground rods spaced at
10ft apart joined at the center one with 6ga bare copper. I have read
not to create a ground loop by having different ground locations, so
besides what the builder had done with a piece of rebar embedded in
the concrete and one ground rod, I added three more. The 6ga run to
the meter and the load center behind it is about a 6 foot run.

I next have to find a surge supressor for the cable coming into the
house. I opened the box mounted on the outside wall near the power
entry and there is just a grouning block in there. Nothing good to
say about the cable installation.

Jay