Posted to rec.woodworking
skeez skeez is offline

Default Wood Trim Shears: are they as handy as they might seem?

On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 15:33:48 GMT, "efgh" wrote:

"workinstiff" wrote in message
oups.com...
Looking for recommendations on the usefulness of hand trim shears. I
can't find any info on them. A flooring installer showed them to my
Pop and now he wants one for cutting his quarter-round. I believe the
manufacturer was QEP but I'd think there would be more. It had a small
fence and stop on it that could be set at different mitre angles. He
cut some pieces to show my dad how well they worked. Seems like a
great idea but is it? And where can they be purchased?
TIA
Matt

I think you're looking for these.

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...t=1,51222&ap=1

i think thats what the orginal poster wants BUT the best ones are
branded LOWE. made in germany and have very good steel that holds an
edge well. i use these daily for runnng shoe molding. i run between
400 and 800 feet a day. THEY ARE WORTH EVERY PENNY. cuts the time by
2/3. and you dont need a saw and cord set up. however they dont do so
well with hardwood. like lightning on pine and poplar.

skeez