Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Roundup For Weeds, Or... ? (what's really safe ?)

"dpb" wrote in message ...
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"dpb" wrote in message ...
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"dpb" wrote in message ...
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Do you know that homeowners are now the number one point source for
groundwater pollution in this country? Golf courses are a close
second. Used to be factories.
No, I don't "know" that, nor do I think it true. In some localities,
and for some particular pollutants, maybe...

--
Well, the EPA says it's true, and the major pollutants are lawn
chemicals.

It was either in the Chicago Tribune or NY Times last summer. I don't pay
for archive access for either of them, but if you do, the article should
be easy to find.

I'm curious, though: What would be your reason for doubting this?

Well, given that you have it second (or third) hand through a newspaper
article, not even the actual report itself, what could there _possibly_ be
to doubt?

I'm saying I think the fact there may be more "point sources" in
homeowners is one thing, but what it really means in terms of actual
contamination may (and probably is) something different entirely.

I'd have to read the report to see what they actually said to comment
further. I don't accept every blind usenet post as gospel for some
reason...

Logically, then, nothing anyone learned before the internet existed is
valid. Very interesting.

Onward:
In SOME, but NOT ALL places people live, what's poured into the soil will
end up their drinking water eventually.

TRUE OR FALSE?