Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Roundup For Weeds, Or... ? (what's really safe ?)

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"dpb" wrote in message ...
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"SteveB" wrote in message
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"SteveB" wrote in message
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote

How long ago did you start paying even a little attention to the
antics of chemical companies?
Long enough ago to understand how it works, Joe. Long enough to see
how DDT went out after being touted as a world saving chemical. Long
enough to see thalidomide come and go. Long enough to see hundreds of
thalidomides come and go. Long enough to understand that money powers
the world and people lubricate the wheels. Long enough to lose my
Pollyanna attitude from childhood and learn to live in the real world.

And you?

Steve

About the same, which is how I learned that the testing procedures are
too lightweight to produce the information we need.

In your newspaper, have you ever seen ads looking for volunteers for
drug trials? Take a certain type of drug, study the results. That sort
of thing.
And your point is? Most people are so stupid that they will test
ILLEGAL drugs for free. I guess they have to use humans now because
PETA and PAWS won't let them use animals any more.

Steve

Just so I understand what you're saying, you think pharmaceutical
companies pay for human drug trials because they get flak for using
animals?

Could be we may come to it, it seems...

You're saying those same companies shouldn't do clinical trials so folks
like you can say no new drugs can be introduced because they haven't been
prove to be safe for human use?

Can't have it both ways it seems to me...

--

You never saw me say they shouldn't do clinical trials. I asked if you'd
seen ads looking for humans who wanted to participate. I needed to establish

Some of these trials show that a drug works much differently with humans
than with animals. Could this be a reason for testing on humans? After all,
we know that dogs and rats metabolize certain things differently than
humans.

It's almost impossible to tell what you do intend to say, Joe...

In general, instead of making a point, you raise rhetorical questions
and hyperbole and....oh, to heck with it...

For many purposes, hogs are about as close clinically to peoples at it
gets...