Posted to alt.home.repair
peter peter is offline

Default Should I use the 110v or 120v selection for my laserdisc

wrote in message
oups.com...
I just purchased an old laser disc player. On the back I can set the
voltage for 110, 120, 220 or 240. Should I set this to 110 or 120. I
would have thought 120 but the previous owner had it on 110v?

I've never seen a selection for 110 or 120 before in my life???

The US line voltage is 120V. Sometimes it drops a few volts due to heavy
load and long/thin cables. If you have a multimeter or other means to
measure the line voltage, then the answer is obvious. If you don't, then buy
a multimeter or a "kill-a-watt" device (measures wattage, voltage, and
amps).

I would set the player to 120V. If it works fine, then leave it. If there is
intermittent problem (unlikely), then try 110V.

Probably either one would work fine.
In fact, there may be no electrical difference between the 110V and 120V
setting. The voltage regulator inside the laserdisc player would compensate
for the slight difference between the input voltage and the expected input
voltage.