Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,misc.consumers.frugal-living,sci.electronics.repair
imascot imascot is offline

Default Good resource to get the full, straight story on refrigerators, efficiency, etc.

Doc wrote in news:1184066943.479704.325860@
22g2000hsm.googlegroups.com:

On Jul 9, 8:32 pm, "Lou" wrote:

Where do you find the straight story on dependability? Is Consumer
Reports really the gospel?How does anyone do a meaningful reliability
test on an item with so many models and where it might take years to
prove itself a "lemon" under real-world daily use.

If the thing lasts for years, I wonder how it can be considered a lemon?

If it craps out in say 4 years, as opposed to 25 years.

I appreciate the input.

Have a look around this guy's website. I subscribe to his newsletter (archives on site) and he's got a lot
of good appliance info:

http://www.davesrepair.com/index.html

J.