Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair,sci.engr.television.advanced
Lostgallifreyan Lostgallifreyan is offline

Default LEDs as lamp replacements

"Albert Manfredi" wrote in
:

Others and I have speculated the "why" people might prefer "warmer"
lighting. There's nothing wrong with speculation. That's what leads to
stating a hypothesis and then trying to prove it, and possibly ending up
with a physical law.

It's a physical law that shorter wavelengths render finer detail. To read
or do fine work or hobby activity we need that. People read when relaxing,
and they might use low colour temperatures while doing it, but need a lot
of that light to get enough shortwave light to comfortably avoid eyestrain.

If they use a higher colour temperature they will find the same comfort as
with lower colour temperatures, and at lesser expense.

That's founded in laws of physics, anatomy, and economy. You can stick to
the stated preferences for low colour temperatures to try to assert that
there might be a law that somehow contrdicts all these, but such effort
doesn't seem very likely to succeed.