Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair,sci.engr.television.advanced
Albert Manfredi Albert Manfredi is offline

Default LEDs as lamp replacements

"Mr.T" MrT@home wrote in message
u...

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

Fluorescent lights have been around for a long, long time. And early
ones
were all cold compared to tungsten. People could easily have got used
them for domestic light, but very few chose to.

They chose not to, exactly what I said.

I think everyone is saying the same thing, yet there seems to be
disagreement. I'd only add to this that when people predominantly
"choose to" behave in a particular way, rather than in some other way,
there's probably a good reason why.

For example, if people "choose to" dislike food that smells like decay,
there is probably a good reason why. Yes, even though there may be some
individuals who actually like decaying food.

There are other examples. Movies use deep bass sounds to put the
audience on edge. It conveys a sense of foreboding and alarm in people.
Again, one might suspect that if the reaction is close to universal,
there's probably a good reason why. Not merely, "They choose to react
this way. They could just as easily react a different way."

Others and I have speculated the "why" people might prefer "warmer"
lighting. There's nothing wrong with speculation. That's what leads to
stating a hypothesis and then trying to prove it, and possibly ending up
with a physical law.

Bert