Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Ooohhh....shiny. Is the Festool Domino right for me?

OK, I can see that but if I wanted strength I would use something more
substantial like a real spline or add a dado or modify the joint
somehow. But I guess a few biscuits can add some strength but I don't
think much.

On Jul 13, 8:22 am, Bas wrote:
SonomaProducts.com wrote:
In practice I've found the biscuit joiner to get little use relative
to almost any other tool. For one, I can't image how it would "cut
down on filling nail- and screw holes." Maybe you can explain that
one.

I had to attach some pieces of trim to a bookcase. Glue is sufficient to
hold it under normal circumstances, there is no stress on it. But, if
someone ever decides to pick it up by the trim to move the bookcase, it
could easily break off. A few biscuits would have provided the necessary
strength, but lacking a biscuit joiner I put in some finish nails.

A face frame is another good example.