Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default Zero Clearance Table Insert

On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 21:36:58 +0100, silver_18038
wrote:

I have an older Craftsman table saw and I want to make some zero
clearance table inserts out of some 1/4" MDF. The problem I have is
that the top of the 10" blade is almost even with the top of the table.
How does one get to install the insert without killing himself?

I'd check out what you can BUY, first..

I just bought 2 for my Ridgid/Craftsman TS for about $20 or $25 each from Lee
Valley...
Ok, they lied to me about them fitting my say, but I got them to work.. *g*

Even if you make your own, check out the pictures of the factory made ones..
For one thing, you'll notice that they come as "left or right" cut...
Why? They have the slot started for you, so that you can install it over the
lowered blade and then raise the blade...

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing