Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lurch Lurch is offline

Default Garage electrics and part P

On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 18:08:46 +0100, "dennis@home"
mused:

"Lurch" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 10:08:43 +0100, "dennis@home"
mused:

"Peter Twydell" wrote in message

Does that mean I can fit a 13A socket to the outside of my garage
without
going through all the Part P nonsense if the garage is already wired
up?

You can do what you like if it has a plug on the end and you just plug it
into an existing socket as far as Prat P is concerned..
By far the easiest way of getting one 13A socket outside even if its not
the
best way.

You clearly haven't read part p then.

quote

General Guidance.

h. The installation of fixed equipment is within the scope in part p,
even where the final connection is by a 13A plug and socket.

end quote

"fixed equipment"!

A socket outlet is fixed equipment, whether it's screwed to the wall
or not, unless it's a trailing socket expressly designed for the
purpose of using in an extension lead scenario.
--
Regards,
Stuart.