Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] conneticat@gmail.com is offline

Default Home builder repair hell

R...when my house was built there were lots of nasty little hidden
things that the builder did to save money that didn't crop up until
later...a stair rail screwed right into the drywall instead of the
studs, no support under the acrylic tub so it cracked a few years
later, shoddy plumbing. Builders and their crews shouldn't have to be
watched as if they're sneaky children...they should be professional
adults who do their job as if their own family will be living with the
work. Many consumers do end up acting like children, but they feel
powerless when a contractor and his crew have no pride in what they
do, know full well they're doing something wrong when they do it, take
the money for work they didn't perform well and don't care about the
consequences.

On Jul 12, 6:16 pm, "Mike Dobony" wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...

Hi,

I know this is the bob villa group and all... not the complaint group
but i could sure use some of bob villas help right about now. If
anyone posting here can take a look at my friends pictures: (click on
photos once you get to the site)

http://www.freewebs.com/niesioa/index.htm

and give me their "professional opinion" on the drywall... the
hardwood floors... the doorjams/stain I would be deeply grateful (and
would also travel to a website and try and help you if i can). Huge
mistakes have been made (you can only see the "cosmetic" ones from the
photos) and we need as many opinions as we can get. Please post any
comments to the guestbook?

Thanks in advance,

TNChief

Extremely poor craftsmanship. The drywall can be fixed by removing the tape
and redoing it. The floor and door are not structural problems. OTOH, the
concrete work might be. I would expect those cracks to leak like crazy and
possible to break through (second foundation photo).

Didn't you do an inspection before taking final possession on it? Didn't
you check on the progress as it was going on? Yes, the builder did a lousy
job, but so did you for taking possession instead of dealing with the
problems earlier!

Mike D.