Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Roundup For Weeds, Or... ? (what's really safe ?)

On Jul 13, 5:21 am, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
"Harry K" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Jul 12, 2:18 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
"dpb" wrote in ...
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"dpb" wrote in ...
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
Show me where humans were fed minute amounts of pesticides or
herbicides in their drinking water for many years, in a controlled
study.

Also: Children constantly put their hands or fingers in or near
their
mouths when they're playing. Show me controlled studies in which
children came into contact with yard chemical residues and then put
their fingers in or near their mouths.
OTOH, show epidemiological evidence indicating a problem.

You could say the same thing on any and every product made (including
so-called "organics" and/or "natural").

NOTHING can be shown to meet those criteria.

--

Get serious. Please.

I'm as serious as you want...if your statement is to be taken at face
value, so is mine.

--

So, you're saying that if it has not been proven UNsafe, it's OK to eat
it

You may say "We have no intention of eating it", but that may or may not
matter. Can you tell me some details about groundwater and the drinking
water supply in the OP's town?- Hide quoted text -

To take your posts at face value, _nothing_ would be safe. How abouit
arsenic? Is it safe? Is it "acceptably safe"? Many, if not most
places, have arsenic as a normal part of the ground water. Very low
level true but it is there.

There is a matter of practicability. If you demand a total "no
effect" test result on everything, then nothing will be used and you
will starve to death.

Harry K

You're right. All chemicals are the same, so no research is needed. The fact
that some are designed to kill is of no relevance, and it's fine to feed
them to children.- Hide quoted text -

And just where did I say that? I pointed out that 1 particular
chemical is a poison and it is ingested daily. By extsension damn
near everything is the same. Even water will kill you if you drink
too much.

Most people live in the real world. By your posts it looks like you
live in a 'cocooned' house and never leave it. It does leave the
question of just what you eat as there are chemicals (GASP!) in all
foods.

Should there be more testing of some things? Probably. Does it need
to be on people? No. they use animals. Now you can go on a rant
about AR.

Harry K