Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Zero Clearance Table Insert

In article , Patriarch wrote:
(Doug Miller) wrote in
:

In article , "Swingman"
wrote:
"silver_18038" wrote in message

I have an older Craftsman table saw and I want to make some zero
clearance table inserts out of some 1/4" MDF. The problem I have is
that the top of the 10" blade is almost even with the top of the
table. How does one get to install the insert without killing
himself?

Got an 8" dado stack? If so, use one of the 8" blades, not a chipper,
to make the initial cut.

If you don't have an 8" dado set, a 7-1/4" circular-saw blade would do
the job as well.

snip

Well, maybe two, installed side by side. They really are narrow kerf...

Depends on the blade...

--
Regards,