Posted to uk.d-i-y
mogga mogga is offline

Default dropped kerb

On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 20:54:42 +0100, (A.Lee) wrote:

Maurice W wrote:

According to Direct.Gov, with regard to a dropped kerb

What is this in laymen's terms. The five houses to the right of us all
have dropped kerbs, so we'd be continuing an existing stretch of
dropped kerb. We're not near a junction, and there's no street
furniture in the way.
And also - ballpark figures on costs? Anyone had it done recently?

I had mine done 6 years ago for £80 iirc, though it was at the time when
the Council were resurfacing the pavements, so I got it cheap.

I have been told that for the Councils Highways Dept to do it normally
would cost around £350.

Someone up the road said it'd be £250 so they decided against it and
now park their car on the street.
Another person uses a rather attractive plank.

You can DIY, but you need to get permission from the Council, and either
buy from them, or show them, some sort of Insurance for while the works
are taking place.
The bloke next door to me did his that way many years ago, around £50
plus cost of materials it was then, so maybe £100ish now, plus 4 or 5
kerb stones, a tarmac surface and cost of removing the rubbish(if
required).
Alan.

--
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk