Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
[email protected] l.vanderloo@rogers.com is offline

Default stone crusher for inlay material

Hi Bill, yes I know what you mean, you can go only one direction at
the same time, also there are just not enough days in a year/life to
cover it all, but just for some eye candy, I put this one in here.

Like to see some real impressive inlay,????????

Have a look, yes he uses CA also.

http://www.stephenhatcher.com/

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

On Jul 12, 11:22 pm, BillinDetroit wrote:
wrote:
Hi Michael, I usually get mine in 2 oz.bottles, I do get them from a
wood turners club member, or sometimes Lee Valley, if you get a bottle
of thin and one thick, plus a bottle of accelerator, you're all set.

I find that in small checks and splits, wen I use thin CA first and
then thick CA, the thick will flow right in, just try it, you'll see
that wetting with thin CA first, the thick will flow right in after
it.

Not all CA glues are equal, I find the Star brand I get works very
well, Bill's price looks pretty good, but I have no experience with
it.

And don't be to much in a hurry, just go slow, and you'll do fine, one
caveat, don't glue yourself to it ;-))), (nail polish remover will
undo this)

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

Big grin ... sometimes the zen approach of 'becoming one with the wood'
is counterproductive. ;-) Leo is 100% right ... keep 'unsticker' within
reach. The first time you use it, it could pay for itself forever.

I haven't done any crushed inlay yet (so many directions to go, but only
one pair of feet!), but I can vouch for its usefulness as a surface finish.

I use the thin to start repairs or to stiffen up punky areas, the thick
for barrel finishing or crack filling.

Bill

--
I'm not not at the above address.http://nmwoodworks.com

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000756-0, 07/12/2007
Tested on: 7/12/2007 11:22:44 PM
avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2007 ALWIL Software.http://www.avast.com