Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Bible & Qur'an Say : DO NOT EAT PORK

BillinDetroit wrote:

.... snip
(Acts 17:10-12) 10 Immediately by night the brothers sent both Paul and
Silas out to Be·roe€²a, and these, upon arriving, went into the synagogue
of the Jews. 11 Now the latter were more noble-minded than those in
Thes·sa·lo·ni€²ca, for they received the word with the greatest eagerness
of mind, carefully examining the Scriptures daily as to whether these

Just as an interesting point of information regarding this verse. In the
original Greek (No, I don't read Greek, however, it is one of the
requirements for ministers in our denomination (WELS Lutheran)), those
words in the context of the time literally meant to "ransack" or "tear
apart". I.e, the Bereans did more than just a casual read, they were very
thorough in their readings and evaluations.

things were so. (n.b. they did NOT take Paul at his word!) 12 Therefore
many of them became believers, and so did not a few of the reputable
Greek women and of the men.

About an hour a day for a single year is enough to read it completely.

Bill