Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
Tony Tony is offline

Default Should I Use A Dehumidistat In The Summer?

"DIMwit" wrote in message
Hi Tony,

I usually understand what you say, but why would he need a fat valet?
maybe he does not have a car to be parked?

A fat wallet has a wad of money, though.

With electrical elements you need to have fat valet
because you would be "bucking cooling with heat."

Public service or your power Co. will love you.
Tony

"Tony" wrote in message
Well Dutch
As you have been told that your AC is dehumidifier.
getting control of humidity can be achieved two three different
ways most simplest way is variable circulation fan motor
by reducing speed of motor you are at same time reducing
temperature of your cooling coil, resulting taking much more
of moisture out. Note: motor does not need to be
a variable it could be multi speed which it serve same purpose.
The other ways is by adding preheat coil before the evaporator
or adding electrical heater elements both configuration will do
practically same job. Question remain why?
well since you are in Florida where humidity could be high all
year round that would be easiest way maintaining desirable
humidity range inside any enclosure such as in this case house.
www.cas-environ.com