Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Corrosion in hand-held calculator/game

In article .com, Jerry wrote:
On Jul 12, 4:29 pm, (Doug Miller) wrote:

Well, it's worked for me several times. First time I ever tried it was after
accidentally dumping a marine aquarium onto my Texas Instruments SR-50

And how long after that did you toss the calculator because of the key
bounce problem. Damn thing nearly drove me crazy before I got rid of
it!

I still have it in a box somewhere. The battery pack finally reached the point
where it couldn't be recharged. I bought a replacement battery pack in about
1982; then that died, too, and by that time (late '80s or early '90s)
replacements were no longer available -- but I was using it regularly up until
that time. I'm not aware of any "key bounce" problem -- maybe you had a bad
one, or perhaps the problem was confined to only certain lots. Mine was bought
new in late 1974.

--
Regards,