Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Is it entirely me, or does the cheap chainsaw share the blame?

Bill wrote:

If you use the quite dangerous chains which lack the anti-kickback links,
then you should also have training on how to avoid injury when using these
chains and wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to protect yourself in
the event of a kickback.

PPE for operating a chainsaw...
http://www.osha.gov/SLTC/etools/logg...er/logger.html

Chainsaw injury statistics...
http://www.elvex.com/facts08.htm

When operating potentially dangerous equipment I always pay close
attention to safety and to date have avoided any serious injuries
despite many dangerous activities.

My favorite story was one Saturday when I was out in the middle of the
woods, by myself, with no cell coverage, working with my chain saw and a
large back hoe clearing a number of trees. At the same time a coworker
of mine was in the office doing some network work.

At the end of the day, one of us was visiting the emergency room...
Hint, it wasn't me He managed to put a knife through his hand while
cutting inner duct for fiber optic cable, while I ended the day without
a scratch... Ok, probably a few scratches from dragging all that brush
around...

Pete C.