Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

Default balancing a ceiling fan

First - swap to adjacent ones.
Spin up and see if it is reasonable. Often the case. Installed
a balanced set but two are swapped.

Installer won't take the time.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Endowment Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal.
http://lufkinced.com/

SteveB wrote:
I don't know why, but there have been a rash of ceiling fans introduced into
my universe, and every one is way out of balance.

What is the way to balance them?

Is there a variable strobe that one can get, mark the blades, and find out
which one is the one that makes the biggest circle?

I've sat here till I'm dizzy pondering the bests approach to this.

Steve