Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Home builder repair hell

On Jul 12, 5:09 pm, wrote:
On Jul 12, 4:53 pm, RicodJour wrote:

On Jul 12, 3:19 pm, wrote:

If this was my home, I'd be heartbroken.

As would I.

These builders are not only
unskilled, they simply don't care about the quality of their work.
They get the cheapest material, hammer, paint and run. As for
lawsuits against you, the homeowner, I suspect the letter from R was
written by a builder of some sort who gets many complaints, maybe some
legit, probably lots not, and he's fed up with everyone.

A lot of people would call you an asshole for making a comment like
that, but I'll give you the respect and refrain from doing that. The
OP asked for professional opinions. I am a professional and I gave
him my opinion. He even thanked me in advance.

The OP is attempting to "get even" with the builder through some
childish retaliation. Printing bumper stickers bashing the builder is
not an appropriate way for adults to behave. He's one of those idiots
that puts a first amendment "warning" on the web site in the
ridiculous belief that that entitles him to say anything at all. It
doesn't.

You are right about one thing. I'm fed up - fed up with people acting
like children. I expect adults to act like adults and don't put up
with whining from kids or adults.

I think your
complaints are well founded, but you're probably on your own repairing
things. Good Luck!

I think the OP's issues with the construction are probably valid, but
his way of dealing with the problem isn't.