Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Roundup For Weeds, Or... ? (what's really safe ?)

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

"Chris Lewis" wrote in message

According to ransley :

On Jul 12, 1:18 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

"Robert11" wrote in message

I can't tell you what's safe to use around which plants. What I can
tell you
is that no such product is safe if humans come into contact with it or
ingest it. There is no valid research on the issue, and probably never
will
be.- Hide quoted text -

There's plenty of "valid research", the question is whether they
went far enough/covered every aspect.

Show me where humans were fed minute amounts of pesticides or herbicides in
their drinking water for many years, in a controlled study.

Also: Children constantly put their hands or fingers in or near their mouths
when they're playing. Show me controlled studies in which children came into
contact with yard chemical residues and then put their fingers in or near
their mouths.

There have been numerous studies that show pesticide residue in mother's
milk. Plenty herb. and pest. have instructions to avoid skin contact,
change clothes, etc., because some are absorbed through the skin. That
is why contractors put out the cute little signs after they treat a lawn.