Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
mm mm is offline

Default Should I Use A Dehumidistat In The Summer?

On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 13:56:19 -0400, "Dutch Buckhead"
wrote:

I just moved into a house in Florida this past Spring which has a thermostat
and a separate dehumidistat. The dehumidistat apparently controls the air

Isn't this really a humidistat? Connected to something that
dehumidifies.

I'm sort of reminded of my grandmother who had diabetes and tried
especially to buy diabetic food, instead of dietetic food like the
doctor recommended.

conditioner separately from the thermostat. Even if the thermostat is off,
the dehumidistat will kick on the A/C if it is set below the actual humidity
level in the house.

Should I use both of them in conjunction with one another during the summer?
If not, I'm wondering why the dehumidistat was even installed since there is
not a dehumidifier in the house.

Thanks in advance!