Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
ransley ransley is offline

Default Should I Use A Dehumidistat In The Summer?

On Jul 12, 11:02 am, "Dutch Buckhead"
wrote:
"Noon-Air" wrote in message

. ..

"Dutch Buckhead" wrote in message
freenews.net...
I just moved into a house in Florida this past Spring which has a
thermostat and a separate dehumidistat. The dehumidistat apparently
controls the air conditioner separately from the thermostat. Even if the
thermostat is off, the dehumidistat will kick on the A/C if it is set
below the actual humidity level in the house.

Should I use both of them in conjunction with one another during the
summer? If not, I'm wondering why the dehumidistat was even installed
since there is not a dehumidifier in the house.

Thanks in advance!

yes
The A/C *IS* the dehumidifier

Why would I need a separate dehumidistat, though?- Hide quoted text -

Some new units have a variable speed DC blower that runs on very low
speed for dehumidification, on low speed it is said to remove twice
the water per hour while cooling little. If you have one of the VSDC
blowers you are lucky as its low speed design is humidity removal.