Posted to rec.woodworking
foggytown foggytown is offline

Default Why is it....

On Jul 12, 4:59?pm, "Leif Thorvaldson" wrote:
"Leuf" wrote in message

On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 10:46:26 +1000, "xcz" wrote:

Obviously your scraps are too big to begin with! :-)

I sure hope not. About the biggest piece I started with, except for
the plywood, was 2"x6"x3/4". The ply was mostly 12x12".

-Leuf

=====. You might think of putting in a infra red CCTV camera in the shop
for nighttime coverage. Amazing what wood pieces can be up to in the
night!! E.g., have you ever seen Tchaikovsky's "Nutcracker?"

Yeah. I married her. (boom boom) But seriously, folks . . .

I find that when I get enough scraps I start thinking about ways to
use them inventively. Think of a project that has significant flat
planes (like a night stand, blanket chest or whatever) and mosaic the
scraps in a patchwork fashion. I found the best way to do this is
plane all the scraps to the desired thickness and then glue them on
8mm or 10mm ply panels then cut as desired to make sides, drawers,
tops, etc. It does give a real nice effect.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l3...t/farrago2.jpg

FoggyTown